PERTH BLUES CLUB at The Charles Hotel Wednesday 24 April 5pm
Live Screening of Phil Emmanuel’s Posthumous CD Launch
•Doors Open: 04:30pm Entry: FREE | FREE (Members)
•For ONE night only, a magnificent collection of Australian musical talent celebrates the music, and the life, of guitarist Phil Emmanuel, and the posthumous release of his final recording, Thunderbird Legacy.
• Brother and famed international guitarist, Tommy Emmanuel, said he was excited about the release of his brother’s album. “I think Thunderbird Legacy is Phil’s best work and I know his fans, and guitar fans, are going to love it too,” Emmanuel said.
• In 2017, Phil Emmanuel hit Diamond Valley Studios with his band, guest guitarist Jacob Funnell and producer/musician Parris Macleod. The eclectic session included favourite tunes, cinema themes, and new original songs. The result was Thunderbird Legacy, finally mastered by Don Bartley the day before Phil sadly passed away in May 2018. The guitarist had been excited about the recording and had been planning future productions.
• On Wednesday 24 April, Thunderbird Legacy will be officially released with a spectacular concert event, featuring an extensive line up of some of Australia’s finest established and emerging musicians, paying tribute to the much-loved guitarist. This event will be streamed live to selected venues across Australia including the Perth Blues Club.
• Phil’s former studio band, and a selection of special guests, including daughter, singer-songwriter guitarist, Jesse Emmanuel, all feature in the star-studded concert line up. Joining the bill are many of the young guitarists mentored by Phil during his long career. A special set of guest players together with Phil’s band will bring to life the songs of Thunderbird Legacy.
•Featured Artist Lineup
•The Bostocks , Hussy Hicks , Dean Ray , Jamie “Floorboards” Bryen , Josh Needs , Chad Morgan, Barry Charles, Chontia ,
•The Phil Emmanuel studio band (Featuring Robbie Bostock and Jacob Funnell) , Louie Shelton , Phil Manning , Jesse Emmanuel ,
• Tommy Emmanuel, The Band - Mark Kennedy - Drums , Bruce Kerr - Bass , Mat Hanley – Guitar, Andrew Toner - Acoustic Guitar ,
•Parris Macleod - Keys , Mykl Lozin – Violin , Guest Musicians - Domenico Taraborrelli - Accordion , Nik Davey - Double Bass,
• Gary Ward - Bass , Robert Oliver - Percussion/drums , Caroline Trengrove - Violin , Brannon Crickmore – Violin
•The Phil Emmanuel Studio recording band: Jacob Funnell-Guitar , Parris Macleod-Keys , Brad Wenham-Electric Bass ,
Tom De Voss-Drums
5.00 pm Live Screening
The Australian AC/DC Experience rocks The Charles with a dynamic performance of AC/DC greats! Dinner available from 6pm. Bandroom door opens 8pm.
The Charles Hotel has been an Icon of the Perth live music scene with the list of artists that have performed here over the years reading like a who’s who of international, national and local artists.
The Charles is the home of live entertainment and the live music hub of Perth. On Tuesday nights we have the legendary Perth Blues Club, and on the weekends we have all the best local, national and international touring acts.
Our lounge and garden bar provide a modern, comfortable and pleasant atmosphere for our patrons to experience whether they are dining, having a drink or listening to live music.
Under the Liquor Control Act 1988, it is an offence: to sell or supply liquor to a person under the age of 18 years on licensed or regulated premises; or for a person under the age of 18 years to purchase, or attempt to purchase, liquor on licensed or regulated premises.
Charles Hotel - License Hotel
License No 601 012 55
Licensee: Bridgeton Pty Ltd